Healthcare Marketing Strategies & Tips | 714-300-9566
The 10 Pathways For Building A Successful Practice
Each of these 10 channels that acquire new patients are proven to produce measurable results. But when you execute all 10 methods, simultaneously and professionally, you completely assure the success of building a successful practice that is generating millions of dollars in annual revenue. Here they are:
1. Referrals – To grow, these must be generated with a proactive strategy. One has to more than just accept them when they call or come in on their own initiative. One marketing expert, Jay Abraham, has cited over 90 ways to initiate more referrals.
2. Website Design & Optimization – Most websites of doctors and their practices are quite minimal. These are one’s first evidence of cookie-cutter marketing. Most do not have an active blog. Over 96% of them are not Schema.org compliant, which has been determined to be a major SEO and ranking factor. On many websites, it is difficult to find their phone number, their map and a complete list of services. Well crafted and professionally designed websites, that are built with complete attention to the architect of the site itself, rank higher in search engines. More importantly, they convert more people into becoming new patients.
3. Local Search Marketing – Aside from one’s website, it is crucial to pay attention to patient reviews on Yelp, Google, Facebook and other directories. Leveraging how local search works can increase your overall presence online, but as well assist in increasing the ranking of your main website. There are dozens of highly effective ways of being found in local search.
4. Paid Advertising – Online advertising with Google, Facebook and other sites can drive significant traffic to your website and new patients into your practice. For those that have already attempted this marketing method with little success, I know that your campaigns were not conducted correctly. Paid online advertising can represent a major competitive difference in building a successful practice.
5. Video Marketing – Videos rank higher on Google than most pages, because Google owns YouTube. These are highly favored in local search if one optimizes the video correctly. Moreover, your videos can be embedded in your website, emailed to your list, posted on social media and embedded in blog posts.
6. Email Marketing – Email is over 40 years old and is more effective than search marketing and social media in increasing awareness and revenue. The problem is that most doctors do not use email correctly. Email marketing can not only reactivate your prior patients, be can be further shared by those on your email list to their own social media channels.
7. Social Media Marketing – Social media is an amazing communication channel to create buzz and word of mouth. How many doctors have their patients check in and give a real time review? Very few. What about creating a video of your patient’s great results and then giving it to them, with all your branding embedded, and then asking them to share it on social media? Even fewer.
8. Direct Mail – Postcards to residences and handwritten letters to existing patients are extremely effective when the lists are accurate and your offer is compelling. Bad marketing produces no response, so it is important that much thought be put into your strategy, messaging and the offer. You can even tie in your direct mailings with your website, requesting that the recipients of your direct mail go to your website for a special offer.
9. Alliances & Collaborations – Some of the best sources of new patients is establishing alliances with other doctors, lawyers, HR directors, businesses and community groups. This is best accomplished when you hire a dedicated sales representative who goes outside the office and networks with other professionals.
10. Events – Every city and county sponsors numerous events throughout the year. By attending these and being interactive, you can generate more new patients. I have witnessed practices signing up 30+ new patients in one weekend at a local event. Additionally, one should look at how to sponsor and promote one’s own events, such as educational workshops.
Healthcare Marketing Strategies | Healthcare Marketing Tips | Dental Marketing | Chiropractic Marketing